Get Involved – Get Informed
Three Very Important Events About Georgia Redistricting.
- On February 11th at 6:30 to 7:30PM – Join members of the Abigails, Hamilton’s, WAGS and Coastal Georgia League of Women Voters for a training session: “How to Lobby Your Legislators.” Sponsored by Georgians for an Independent Non Partisan Redistricting Commission the training will be held at: Con Ed Building, First Floor Meeting Room, 714 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. If interested, please use the following Facebook page link to register for this training: https://www.facebook.com/events/353289075259889/ or RSVP to Marilyn Michaels (email address below).
- February 12th, 7 to 8PM – The former National President of the League of Women Voters, Elizabeth McNamara will speak at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church corner of 34th and Abercorn. Her topic will be Georgia redistricting.
- February 19th – Common Cause is sponsoring a bus trip from Savannah to Atlanta for all who are interested in attending the Georgia State Legislative Session and influencing our legislators to consider an independent non partisan Redistricting process.
For additional information about these events please feel free to contact Marilyn Michaels, firstname.lastname@example.org or Gwen Jordan, email@example.com.
You are invited to attend:
Skidaway Island Democrats Meeting
Wednesday, February 20, 2019 from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Happy New Year to All
First, we want to thank all of you who worked on the 2018 midterm elections. To those of you who canvassed, made phone calls, poll watched and contributed to campaigns – THANK YOU! Please know that your efforts were greatly appreciated and you did make a difference.
Now as we enter the New Year, The Skidaway Dems are looking forward to an active and productive 2019.
Nationally, Democrats were very successful in the 2018 midterm elections; however, in Georgia state level races we were not as successful. Therefore we have a lot of work to do in preparation for 2020 general elections. In addition to the Presidential race, we have a Senate seat and Buddy Carter’s house seat that we must turn BLUE.
We also have many local and state level issues to address, including but not limited to:
- Plans to incorporate the City of Skidaway
- Medicaid expansion for Georgia
- Voter registration, education and suppression
So let’s get started. Mark your calendar – Our first 2019 meeting will be Wednesday, 7PM February 20th at Messiah Lutheran Church. Please come ready to work and with your ideas and suggestions for a Skidaway Dems 2019 action agenda.
Look forward to seeing you then.
Skidaway Democrats Co-chairs